Last updated on July 11th, 2022
Germany is a classic and popular tourist destination with so much to offer. Many places can be visited in Germany and here are some of the ideas for you to include in your Germany travel plan.
You’ll learn about some of the best places to visit in this Germany travel guide to ensure you don’t miss out on any great attractions. So, let’s dive right in so you can begin planning your holiday to Germany.
Munich is a great introduction to Bavarian culture in any German travel guide. With one or two days in Munich, you have enough time to see the must-see sites and still have plenty of time to wander the city. It is ideal to plan for a day trip to nearby attractions such as Neuschwanstein castle, 2 hours train journey from Munich. One of the most beautiful castles in the world.
Read on our Munich itinerary if you don’t want to miss out on seeing why Munich is one of Europe’s best destinations.
- Munich itinerary: One Day in Munich Travel Guide Blog
- Neuschwanstein Itinerary: A Day Trip Travel Guide Blog
Get a taste of the best beer and food if you are looking for what to eat in Munich.
Where To Stay
Looking for the best place to stay in Munich? Here is our recommendation:
- Luxury – Bayerischer Hof – One of the finest hotels in Munich for your trip. This superb five-star hotel is situated inside a historic building, while still providing guests with every modern convenience. A 5-minute walk from sights such as the Bavarian State Opera and the Hofbräuhaus Beer Hall.
- High Range – Mercure München City Center – Proximity to train station and center of the city. The hotel had a cool vibe, a good breakfast buffet, and excellent staff. Spacious room with modern design and Bavarian influences.
- Mid-Range – Arthotel Munich – A 3-star superior hotel, only 5 walking minutes from Munich Central Station. Early check-in option and free luggage storage. Popular pick especially during Oktoberfest!
- Budget – H2 Hotel München Olympiapark – Located next to the U-Bahn station that takes you right to the city center. Great breakfast with varieties. Modern design rooms and everything is clean and comfortable. One of the mid-budget stays in Munich.
More accommodation options can refer to Where To Stay in Munich: Best Areas and Hotels.
Plan your day trip to visit Berchtesgaden National Park to discover the natural hidden gem in Germany. There are many things to do and see in Berchtesgaden and the surrounding area for your holiday.
Here is the top 5 must-visit attraction in Berchtesgaden:
- Königsee ferry boat ride
- Hitler’s infamous Eagle’s Nest
- Jenner Mountain cable car
- Wimbachbrücke Gorge
- Hiking in Ramsau and Hitersee and more.
In short, check out how we plan our Day Trip to Berchtesgaden from Salzburg. A stunning protected park in the Alps.
For travelers who plan for staying in Berchtesgaden, free feel to check out our accommodation guide if you are looking for where to stay in Berchtesgaden.