Last updated on May 11th, 2022
Find out the perfect Kansai travel guide and itinerary guide to Osaka, Kyoto, and Nara.
Kansai region is one of the popular travel destinations when visiting Japan. The top three must visit prefectures are Osaka, Kyoto, Nara, and Uji. These places are famous for natural and historical attractions. We have included the best things to do when visiting there. Most importantly, transportation guide when looking for how to get to these amazing places. In the end, a food guide with the must-eat food at different regions.
7 Days Kansai Itinerary
There are many interesting places and top attractions awaiting your visit to the Kansai region. For first-time visitors, 7 days is the best duration to explore and experience the beauty and culture in Kansai. If you only had limited time, we recommended at least 5 days for getting around.
Kyoto itinerary: 15 Things To Do and Eat for 3 Days in Kyoto
- Ride On Arashiyama Sagano Scenic Railway
- Half Day Trip To Arashiyama
- Trip To Kinkakuji, Golden Pavilion
- Kiyomizudera Itinerary with Walking Guide
- [Cherry Blossom in Kyoto] Philosopher’s Walk
Best Day trip from Kyoto or Osaka
Kansai Food Guide (Kyoto and Osaka)
Looking at what to eat during your trip to Osaka, Kyoto, Nara, and Uji? There are so many local specialties that you hardly can’t miss during your Kansai trip. Try as much as possible for your food hunting tour.
Kyoto Food Blog: Top 7 Must Eat Food in Kyoto
Osaka food review: Top 8 Unique Food To Eat in Osaka
- Top three best okonomiyaki in Osaka
- Fukutaro: The Taste of Best Okonomiyaki in Osaka
- What to eat in Kuromon Ichiba Market
- PABLO Dotonbori Osaka: The Best Cheesecake Dessert
Where To Stay
Looking for where to stay when visiting Kansai, we have listed the best accommodation guide as below.
- Nearby Kyoto station: Best For Transportation Arrangement (Daiwa Royal Hotel Grande Kyoto)
- Downtown Kawaramachi: Strategic Central Location (Hotel Resol Kyoto Kawaramachi Sanjo)
- Gion Higashiyama: Experience Traditional Japanese Atmosphere (Kyoto Granbell Hotel)
- Umeda, Osaka’s commercial district and the largest transportation hub in the city. A great option for those with JR Pass. (Hotel Monterey Le Frere Osaka)
- Namba and its surrounding areas such as Dotonbori, Nippombashi, and Shinsaibashi. Best place to enjoy Osaka’s vibe. (Cross Hotel Osaka)
Kansai Transport Guide
Planning on how to go to Osaka, Kyoto, and Nara? Here is the travel guide when getting around to Kansai Japan.
How to travel to Osaka, Kyoto & Nara:
- Kansai Airport to Osaka with Cheapest Transportation
- How To Get To Kyoto From Kansai Airport, Osaka & Tokyo
- From Tokyo To Kyoto: Cheapest Or Fastest?
Last but not least, hopefully, my Kansai travel blog can give you some ideal when planning on your itinerary. We really enjoy our travel time to Osaka, Kyoto, Nara, and Uji. Happy travel to Kansai.