Last updated on September 23rd, 2023
Read on to find out how to get to Osaka from Kansai Airport. The ultimate transportation guide with most convenient, quickest and cheapest way to get to Osaka.
Japan is the one of the most visited country. Every year, millions of visitors fly to Japan for leisure and business trip. While, Osaka is one of the busiest and major gateway for western Japan.
Osaka served by two major airports. Kansai Airport for international flights and Itami Airport for domestic flights. And most people will choose to fly to Kansai Airport. So, the most common question when getting to Osaka. What is the best transportation option? Added, how to get to Osaka from Kansai Airport?
Continue read on and we will explained the most convenient, quickest and cheapest way to get to Osaka.
Transportation Guide: From KIX To Osaka
First of all, there are various ways to get to and Osaka from the Kansai Airport. Choose from train, bus, shuttle service, taxi and rental car. But, your next target destination is very important when deciding what is the best transportation option.
We have listed down all your transportation options for getting from Kansai Airport to Osaka city. Choose your cheapest, quickly and hassle free transportation arrangement based on your budget and itinerary.
Getting To Osaka City By Train
In short, there are two railway operators between KIX airport and Osaka. The Japan Railways (JR) and Nankai Railways.
Depending on the your choice of train to get to Osaka from Kansai Airport. Generally, a train ride takes about 30 to 70 minutes with fare ranging from ¥1000 to ¥3000.
- Nankai Raiway: To Namba station
- JR Railway: To Tennoji, Shin-Osaka and Osaka Station, which is also near with Umeda Subway Station
Train to Namba with Nankai Railway
Firstly, Nankai Railway is the faster way to south and central Osaka (Minami district). Moreover, it is a direct line to Namba station.
How to get to Namba station with Nankai Railway:
- Nankai Limited Express RAPI:T (Rapid):
- Fare/duration: Namba (¥1430, 35 minutes) with all seat reserved.
- Faster and most comfortable. Train depart every 30 minutes.
- Nankai Airport Express:
- Fare/duration: Namba (¥920, 45 minutes).
- Slightly cheaper but take longer time.
- “Kanku Chikatoku Ticket” provide the ride to Namba Station and transfer to any subway station within Osaka at ¥1000.
- Train depart every 30 minutes. However, it is actually regular commuter train with train stop at several stations. Added, it might be crowded especially during busy hours.
- Local Train: cheapest option but train stop at every stop.
One way to Namba Station at ¥ 1,090. Reserved your ticket here!
Train to Tennoji & Shin-Osaka with JR Railway
Secondly, JR railway offers train access to Tennoji and Shin-Osaka Stations. From there, you can board the Midosuji subway line to other parts of Osaka. For example, Umeda via Osaka Station. Umeda is a major station to transit for many others railway lines.
How to get to Tennoji, Shin-Osaka, Osaka station with JR Railway:
- JR Haruka Airport Express:
- Fare/duration: Tennoji (reserved/non-reserved: ¥2200/¥1710, 35 minutes). Shin-Osaka (reserved/non-reserved). ¥3000/¥2330, 50 minutes).
- JR Rapid Train:
- Fare/duration: Tennoji Station (¥1060 , 50 minutes) and Osaka Station (¥1190, 70 minutes).
- Similar like Nankai Airport Express. It is a normal commuter train and can be crowded during rush hours.
One way to Tennoji Station at ¥ 1,100 and Shin-Osaka at ¥1,300. Reserved your ticket here!
Getting to Osaka City with Limousine Bus
Next, limousine bus is another great option for travelers with many luggage. From Kansai Airport, buses stop at various stop around Osaka station and hotels.
How to get to Osaka Station with limousine bus:
- Fare/duration: Osaka Station (¥1550, 60 minutes) and Namba Station (¥1100, 45 minutes).
Alternative, you can purchase limousine bus ticket online at Klook and redeem the ticket once arrive at Kansai International Airport.
Getting to Osaka City by Taxis
Last but not least, visitor can choose to get to Osaka from Kansai Airport by taxis. A standard taxi fare is implemented since 2014 from Kansai Airport to Osaka city.
However, the taxi fare is not cheap. It can be ranging from ¥13,000 to ¥17,000 depend on your taxi size, duration and location. If possible, try to reserved online at least two days in advance.
1. Hotels with strategic location are running fast. It is always recommended to secure your room as early as possible. Reserved your room in advance! Free cancellation.
2. Stay connect to internet: Unlimited 4G Wifi (Japan Airport Pick Up)
3. Alternative, solo traveler with wifi option: 4G Sim Card (KIX Pick Up)
4. Free entry to 30 iconic Osaka tourist sites: Osaka Amazing Pass
Planning on Osaka itinerary? Check out How To Plan Your Trip with Osaka Amazing Pass